One of the NFL’s longest rivalries will add another chapter tomorrow night. The Eagles are 12-4 this decade against the Giants, and will be looking to extend their recent dominance over the G-Men even further. However, the team will be without some notable players for the game.
#PHIvsNYG Status Report
Out: LB Alexander (quadricep), LB Gerry (ankle, knee), S Graham (hamstring), DT Ngata (calf), RB Sproles (hamstring)
— Philadelphia Eagles (@Eagles) October 10, 2018
- Alexander and Gerry are two key special-teamers, so it’s worth keeping an eye on that part of the game on Thursday to see how much of an impact is made without them.
- Losing Graham on top of already being without Rodney McLeod spells trouble for the Eagles secondary. Avonte Maddox will have to step up big-time in Graham’s absence.
- Ngata being out means Fletcher Cox will have to try to dominate against double-teams throughout the entire game. Maybe Michael Bennett will slide in and play next to Cox.
- Sproles hamstring issue has been lingering for over a month now. The team is desperate to get him back on the field and start helping a depleted running back corps.
The Giants also announced their injury report today, and will be without two players for tomorrow’s game.
Evan Engram and Russell Shepard are OUT for Thursday's game.
Rhett Ellison is questionable.
Olivier Vernon is not on the injury report, so expect him to play.#Giants
— Art Stapleton (@art_stapleton) October 10, 2018
- Engram being out is a big help for the Eagles defense. The Eagles defense can focus on trying to contain Odell Beckham Jr. and Sterling Shepard.
- The Eagles offensive line will be tested with Olivier Vernon playing in his first game of the season.
The Eagles will have to overcome a lot of injuries, but can certainly get back on track with a “W” tomorrow against a poor Giants team.