The Eagles are looking to win back-to-back games for the first time this season and take over as leaders of the NFC East. If they are to achieve this though, they will have to do so without some notable players when they face the Panthers on Sunday.
#CARvsPHI Status Report
Out: LB Alexander (quadricep), LB Gerry (ankle, knee), S Graham (hamstring), CB Jones (hamstring), RB Sproles (hamstring)
Questionable: DT Ngata (calf)
— Philadelphia Eagles (@Eagles) October 19, 2018
- Alexander and Gerry are two key special-teamers, so it’s worth keeping an eye on that part of the game to see how much of an impact is made without them. Both of them missed the Giants game, and the special-teams didn’t really struggle in any area.
- With Corey Graham out once again, Avonte Maddox will have to step up big-time or else Cam Newton will take advantage.
- Sidney Jones being out is a huge loss for the Eagles secondary. Rasul Douglas will likely get more snaps this week, and maybe even newly acquired Dexter McDougle.
- Sproles’ hamstring issue has been lingering for over a month now. He suffered the injury in Week 1, and with Jay Ajayi lost for the season, the team is desperate to get him back on the field. Doug Pederson made it sound like this would be this last game he misses.
- Haloti Ngata might make his return this week after missing the last two game with a calf injury. Having him next to Fletcher Cox will make the Defensive Line even stronger. If he misses the game though, Michael Bennett and Trayvon Hester will have to step in and help pressure Cam Newton.
The Panthers will be relatively healthy for this matchup, as they only have one player who will likely be out.
Carolina Panthers Injury Report pic.twitter.com/2QINZEqojA
— Lauren Phillips (@LaurenP_52) October 19, 2018
- Andre Smith is only a back-up Linebacker for the Panthers, so he wasn’t likely to make an impact in the game if he was healthy.