#PHIvsJAX Status Report
Out: LB Gerry (ankle, knee), RB Sproles (hamstring), CB Jones (hamstring), S Graham (hamstring)
Questionable: DT Ngata
— Philadelphia Eagles (@Eagles) October 26, 2018
- This will be Gerry’s third straight game missed due to ankle and knee injuries. He also missed a game earlier this season with a groin injury. Gerry is mainly a special-teamer and back-up linebacker. With D.J. Alexander coming off the injury report, he should fill-in for Gerry for as long as it takes for the ankle and knee to heal.
- With Corey Graham out once again with a hamstring injury, Avonte Maddox will have to take his place next to Malcolm Jenkins. Blake Bortles is a quarterback who can make Maddox feel like he is filling in nicely at his new position.
- Sidney Jones is out for the second straight week, and it is a huge loss for the Eagles secondary. Dexter McDougle took a lot of snaps in his debut against the Panthers. After the meltdown from the entire defense, maybe Jm Schwartz shakes things up and plays Rasul Douglas more in London.
- Sproles’ hamstring issue has been lingering for over a month now. He suffered the injury in Week 1, and with Jay Ajayi lost for the season, the team is desperate to get him back on the field. It is a mystery why the team didn’t put him on Injured Reserve, he has missed seven games already now, and would have only had to miss a minimum of one more game before being eligible to return. The Eagles could have really used an extra healthy running back in the time Sproles has been out.
- Haloti Ngata might make his return this week after missing the last three games with a calf injury. Having him next to Fletcher Cox will make the defensive line even stronger. It is even more important now that he returns as soon as possible, since Derek Barnett is out for the year. Michael Bennett will be forced to play at his traditional spot on the line more frequently.
A.J. Bouye and 3 others are ruled out for Sunday's game against the Eagles.
— #DUUUVAL (@Jaguars) October 26, 2018
- A.J. Bouye and Tyler Patmon being out is a huge positive for the Eagles offense, especially if D.J. Hayden is out as well. Doug Pederson’s offense has struggled this season, but with the Jaguars being without three of their top four defenders, Carson Wentz should be lighting the Jaguars defense up for all four quarters.
- Leonard Fournette being out is a big factor as well. Last week the Jaguars traded for Carlos Hyde to help take some of the pressure off of T.J. Yeldon. Yeldon and Hyde can still cause trouble, but Fournette could have caused a lot of damage.
- James O’Shaughnessy being out for this game doesn’t really change much. He has 31 career catches in his three and a half seasons in the NFL.