The Eagles head down to the Superdome this weekend to try to pull off a major upset against the Saints. Pulling off this upset will be hard enough to achieve, but the Eagles will have to do it without two key components of their defense. Here’s a look at the Eagles’ final injury report:
#PHIvsNO Status Report
Out- CB Darby (knee), CB Mills (foot), TE Perkins (knee), RB Sproles (hamstring)
Questionable- T Johnson (knee), DT Ngata (knee)
— Philadelphia Eagles (@Eagles) November 16, 2018
- With Darby and Mills out, the Eagles will be missing their top two Cornerbacks. Sidney Jones and Rasul Douglas will have their hands full with trying to stop Drew Brees.
- Perkins was just placed on IR and the team has brought Richard Rodgers off of IR, so the Eagles will have three Tight Ends available Sunday.
- No surprise that Sproles is out – he will likely miss the next two or three games while recovering from his hamstring setback.
— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) November 16, 2018
- Since he is not currently on the roster, Jernigan doesn’t need to be mentioned in the injury report. He has been at practice this week so there is a chance he makes his 2018 debut on Sunday. We will find out officially at 4PM tomorrow.
The Saints released their injury report as well, and will be without two important players:
- Carson Wentz will be happy to hear that Marcus Davenport is out. The rookie already has 4 sacks and would have caused havoc on a struggling Eagles Offensive Line
- Terron Armstead has been a staple of the Saints offense, he has been one of the main reasons why Alvin Kamara and Mark Ingram have been the best Runningback combination in the NFL. Michael Bennett will need to take advantage of Armstead being out and get to the backfield early and often.
- A Full practice on Friday usually means the player will play in the game on Sunday, so it looks like the Saints will only be missing Davenport and Armstead.