Monday’s game is do or die for the Eagles. After a stunning victory by the Dallas Cowboys over the New Orleans Saints Thursday Night, the Eagles will now need to go on a little win-streak to keep their playoff hopes alive. They will look to achieve their first back-to-back wins this season Monday night, but they will be missing at least three players for the game:
#Eagles Injury Report for Redskins game:
OUT: LB Jordan Hicks (calf), CB Avonte Maddox (ankle, knee), CB Jalen Mills (foot).
QUESTIONABLE: RB Josh Adams (hip), DE Michael Bennett (foot), RB Darren Sproles (hamstring).
— Jeff McLane (@Jeff_McLane) December 1, 2018
- Hicks being out is the biggest blow to the Eagles defense. Nathan Gerry had a disaster of a game filling in for Hicks against the Giants. He will need to improve or else the Redskins offense might be able to take advantage of that weak spot to gain a victory.
- Mills and Maddox missing hurts the defense, but the team did get Sidney Jones back this week, and Rasul Douglas had another week to recover more from his injuries, so the team will have actual NFL players at corner this week instead of the practice squad material Chandon Sullivan, De’Vante Bausby and Cre’Von LeBlanc.
- Josh Adams was a late addition to the injury report, but his hip injury shouldn’t hold him out Monday Night.
- Michael Bennett didn’t practice this week after playing through his foot injury against the Giants, so his status for Monday Night is up in the air.
- Sproles is hoping to make his triumphant return to the lineup after being out since Week 2, and as long as there isn’t a setback he should be all cleared.
The Redskins haven’t ruled out any players for Monday Night, but have eight players listed as questionable:
- Cornerback Quinton Dunbar got smoked by Amari Cooper for 2 TD’s on Thanksgiving, so maybe the Eagles would be better off if he is able to play
- Wide Receiver Jamison Crowder was limited in practice all week. He has missed the last seven games with an ankle injury so he would likely only have a limited role if he ends up being active.
- Linebacker Zach Brown would be a big loss for the Redskins defense if he can’t go. Zach Ertz would have (yet another) field-day against Washington going up the middle for passes.
- Defensive Lineman Matt Ioannidis would be a major loss for the Redskins defense too if he ends up being inactive, as Carson Wentz would have a little more breathing room to step into his passes.
- If Right Tackle Morgan Moses can’t go, Michael Bennett (if he is active) will need to continue his hot streak and bring pressure to Colt McCoy all game long to help the Birds get a victory.
- Even though he is listed as questionable, there hasn’t been any news that speculation that Running Back Adrian Peterson will miss Monday’s game.
- Wide Receiver Trey Quinn was limited in practice all week, and will likely be active for the game.
- There hasn’t been much concern for Tight End Jordan Reed even though he was limited this week at practice, so he will likely be active.